GRLIB GPL 2024.1 re-released

The development team is pleased to announce the release of GRLIB GPL 2024.1-b4292, which is now available for download from:

https://www.gaisler.com/products/grlib/grlib-gpl-2024.1-b4292.tar.gz

Bitfile and netlist packages are available via:

The changelog is here:

https://www.gaisler.com/products/grlib/Changelog.txt

and is also reproduced below.

This 2024.1 re-release addresses some issues encountered in the L2 cache lite, NOEL-V in single-issue configuration on certain tools and additionally fixes 2 corner cases in LEON5.

Updated example bitstreams for LEON5 and NOEL-V are available for download from:

If you find any any reproducible bugs or issues please don’t hesitate to post in the community.

----------------------- Release 2024.1-b4292 ---------------------------

2024-04-18 L2C_LITE:

• Fixed backend io address to provide an AMBA AHB BAR that can be scanned for PnP information of the bus behind the L2C_LITE.
  • Fixed the index addressing bug introduced in the 2024.1-b4291 release.

2024-04-15 LEON5:

• Fixed bus access corner case where HBUSREQ was deasserted too early if wbmask=0 was combined with busw>32.
  • Fixed bus access corner case where HTRANS(0) would remain asserted if bus grant was lost in the middle of a burst fetch of a cache line. The AHBCTRL would never have rearbitrated the bus in this instance since HBUSREQ remained asserted, but AMBA 2.0 compliant AHB arbiters are allowed to do this.

2024-04-15 NOEL-V updates

• Fixed minor issue with instret CSR
  • Code rework to fix tool issues with single-issue configuration

Hi,

Can the following parameters in apbuart_16550 work properly like in old apbuart ?

• console - prints output from the UART on console during VHDL simulation
  • flow - be implemented for FIFO debug mode to be supported

Hi WEI,

Yes, those parameters work as they do with the old APBUART.

Hopefully we get proper documentation in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Joaquin

Hi joaquin.espana

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

In my design

• The ‘flow’ is working under the ‘-u’ option of GRMON
  • The ‘console’ hasn’t worked. I use NCC-1.0.4 to compile bare metal cases for VHDL simulation, it doesn’t seem to support apbuart_16550 yet.

Hi WEI,

No, there are no drivers in NCC for the APBUART_16550 yet, unfortunately.

By the way, we are going to release basic documentation for the IP in the upcoming GRLIB 2024.2 release in June.

Regards,
Joaquin

All right, I got it, I got it.