The development team is pleased to announce the release of GRLIB GPL 2022.1-b4272, which is now available for download from:
Bitfile and netlist packages are available via:
The changelog is here:
and is also reproduced below.
Some of the highlights are:
- NOEL-V v6 release: NOEL-V
- Boot auto-retry function added to LEON5
- Bug fixes for LEON5 and NOEL-V
- L2C-Lite IP core added to introduce a basic level-2 cache
- APBCTRL updated to support up to 4 ports
- Bug fix to LEON3 for systems with TLB_TYPE set to 0
- Fixed support for small instruction trace in LEON3
- GRLIB_VIVADO_COMPILE_VERBOSE added to ease debugging of Vivado compilation
- General IP updates
Updated example bitstreams for LEON5 and NOEL-V are available for download from:
If you find any any reproducible bugs or issues please don’t hesitate to post in the community.
----------------------- Release 2022.1-b4272 ---------------------------
2022-02-22 Generic DDR2/DDR3 simulation models: Added support for instantiating 72-bit wide memory banks.
2022-02-21 LEON3/LEON3FT: Fix issue affecting only TLB_TYPE=0 configuration, where if an ITLB miss occurs between the bus read and the bus write of a RMW instruction, then the bus write of the RMW could be performed un-translated. The RMW instruction can be LDSTUB, SWAP or CASA. The issue did not affect LEON3/LEON3FT systems with TLB_TYPE=1 or TLB_TYPE=2.
2022-02-02 GRDMAC2: AXI wrapper added to GRDMAC2.
2022-02-02 Added L2C-LITE IP core.
2022-02-01 NOEL-V: Modifications to nanoFPUnv to improve timing.
2022-01-31 NOEL-V: FPU and branch prediction update.
- Improve branch prediction when compressed instruction is used.
- Corrected issue with FPU state dirty flag.
2022-01-19 LEON5: corrected write handling for syncrambw (used only when cmemconf=4) in polarfire and other affected technologies.
2021-12-21 NOEL-V: Updated NOEL-V release.
- High Performance GRFPUnv support
- Update atomic operation to work correctly when RTL EDAC is enabled
- Improve flushing of BTB
- Update to fix issue with TLB entry incorrectly being invalidated by annulled instruction
- Update to fix issue with AHB access generated when A, D bits are updated in a PT-entry for second stage page table (H-extension)
- Updated RISC-V JTAG interface to work with current version of NOEL-V
- Debug-module extended to support automatic execution of abstract commands
2021-12-14 GRGPRBANK: Support more than 32 registers in one regbank.
2021-12-02 LEON5: Stream data from the icache buffer as long as possible, in order to avoid having to re-fetch the cache line multiple times in a row during early boot when the icache is disabled.
2021-11-23 Enabled AHBSPLIT in template design leon5-xilinx-kcu105.
2021-11-15 AHBRAM/AHBRAM_SIM: Updated endianness implementation to use the side-band signal in the AHB record. This removes the ahbendian generic.
2021-11-17 TECHMAP: fixed a bug in fifo_inferred.vhd that created multiple drivers for the output data. This bug only affected instantiations with the following combination of generics: fwft /= 0, sepclk = 0 and ft = 0.
2021-11-04 LEON5: Added boot auto-retry function. This will take in a static array of reset addresses and alternate between them on each reset, to allow re-try if the boot PROM is bad for example.
2021-11-01 I2C2AHB: Added support for setting the I2C slv and cfg addresses through external signals.
2021-10-28 LEON3: Fixed support for small instruction trace.
2021-10-17 APBCTRL: Update to support up to 4 AHB ports.
2021-09-29 GRETH: Updated little endian bus support.
2021-09-01 Scripts: New debug variable GRLIB_VIVADO_COMPILE_VERBOSE to allow disabling of the quiet flag when compiling Xilinx simulation libraries for 7-series, Ultrascale and Ultrascale+ targets.
2021-07-08 LEON5: Fixes to avoid synthesis warnings.
2021-07-05 LEON5SYS: Export the internal APB slaves when nextapb=0.