Leon3 Polarfire

Hello GRLIB community,

I am generally new to the GRLIB and was searching for a Leon3 design template for the Microsemi Polarfire Evaluation Kit. In the GRLIB documentation in Chapter 6.2 “Supported Boards” I found indications that such a template does actually exist: leon3-microsemi-polarfire-eval-kit.

I’ve downloaded grlib-gpl-2020.4-b4261 but can’t find the template anywhere. Is it contained only in another version of the GRLIB, e.g. COM, FT, FT-FPGA, GPL?

Additionally, I would be interested if there is any support planned for the NanoXplore NG-MEDIUM FPGA.

Thank you very much for any help. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Julian

Hello Julian,

Welcome to the GRLIB forum!

Polarfire support is not included in the GPL version of GRLIB. In GRLIB IP Core User’s Manual section 1.6, you can find a list of supported technologies and in which distributions each technology support is included. GRLIB supports NanoXplore NG-Medium in FT releases.

For NOEL-V and LEON5 there are evaluation bitstreams for the PolarFire FPGA Splash Kit available for download from www.gaisler.com.

Best regards,
Martin

1 Like

Hi Martin,

thank you for pointing me to this table. This helps a lot.

Can you elaborate on what are the differences between FT and FT-FPGA package?

Best Regards,
Julian

Hi Jason,

The difference between the two packages is that a full FT package supports ASIC implementations, e.g. by providing support for ASIC tools, while the FT-FPGA only provides support for FPGA technologies and tools.

Both packages contain the same cores.

Best regards,
Martin

1 Like